August 8, 2015
“Lobsters, Breakfasts, Craft Fair, Parade and more.”
The Schoodic Area Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring the 51st Annual Winter Harbor Lobster Festival on August 8th. Please come and enjoy the activities planned throughout the day for local residents and visitors.
- Start the morning off with a Blueberry Pancake Breakfast at the Masonic Hall from 6:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m. in Winter Harbor
- the 5K George Schaeffer Memorial road race in Birch Harbor registration @ 7:00 a.m., race starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Craft Fair at the school gym 9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Lobster Boat races at Henry Cove 10:00 a.m.
- Lobster Dinner 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Parade on Main Street in Winter Harbor at 5:30 p.m.
Lobster Dinner includes: Lobster, corn on the cob, dessert, coleslaw, & drinks. There will be a variety of other foods available, such as coffee, muffins, sandwiches, French fries, cotton candy, kettle corn, nachos, and sno-cones. Come for a day of family fun. No admission charge.
Lobster Festival Seeking Volunteers
Help is needed specifically to set up, serve, cook and clean up after the lobster dinner, at the information and T-shirt sales booth, to assist with parking, to help set up the parade and for general town clean up when the last reveler has departed. To volunteer, call Linda Elliott at 546-2960.
Click below for links to the 2015 Festival applications.
Former Participants in the Annual Winter Harbor Lobster Festival Parade include:
- Governor Baldacci
- Pat LaMarche – Candidate for Governor
- Chandler Woodcock – Candidate for Governor
- Ken Fredette- State Senate Candidate
- Scott D’Ambroise – Candidate for Congress
- Truth Young with horses
- Winter Harbor Police Department
- Greyhound Placement Service (2 Units)
- Shrine Drum & Bugle Corps
- State Representative Earl Bierman
- Winter Harbor Fire Department
- Gouldsboro Fire Department
- Girl Scouts – Winter Harbor/Gouldsboro
- Girl Scouts – Franklin
- Lobster Boats
- Hancock County Democrats (4 Units)
- Hancock County GOP (4 Units)
- NASCAR Unit
- American Legion Post #207 (6 Units)
- EBS Boom Truck
- Rolfe Towing
- Health Link
- Keith Young – Fire Truck
- Therapy Dogs
- Town Auto Sales (2 Units)
- A. R. Whitten & Sons
- Maine’s Sweetheart
- Morrison Chevrolet
- 1957 Chevy
- Miss Downeast
- Pine Tree Princesses
- Mandalla Farm with horse & wagon
- Winter Harbor Garage
- County Ambulance
- John Banes and his antique car
- Sorrento Fire Department
- Sullivan Fire Department
- State Senator Dennis Damon
- Hancock Fire Department
- Thing 1 & 2
- Gouldsboro Rec Department
- Grand Marshals –
- Kelly and Kate Pontrbiand and Horses
- JACK (Justice for Autism through Community Kindness)
- Ellsworth ATA Blackbelt Academy
- Hog Bay Berries
- Paul Tracy Family
- McKay McLean